We’re almost ready to start opening registrations and have a few updates to share. We’ll have more information available over the next few days, but this is what we can share with you now!
Opening and Closing Times
Attendees will be able to show up on-site any time after 2PM on the 30th of April. If you show up earlier, we might have a spot to wait outside, but 2PM is when you’ll be able to enter the camp. You’ll have to be packed up and off-site by 11AM on the 3rd of May, so we have time to get the site clean and tidy for the next group.
We will be operating a shuttle service from Christchurch International Airport to the site again! This service will cost $25, both ways. The shuttles will be running approximately every two hours during the shuttle periods. The times available for the shuttle service are listed below. These are the times that the shuttle will depart, so please be ready by the time noted if you’re getting a ride.
Friday - From Airport
- 1:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- 5:00 PM
- 8:00 PM
Monday - To Airport
- 6:30 AM
- 8:30 AM
- 10:30 AM
- 12:30 PM
We will be offering a Day Pass option this year. We will release information about these before registration opens.
We are pleased to announce that we will be able to allow alcohol at the event this year, after working with our site on a set of rules that we were both happy with.
- Attendees will be able to bring a maximum of 15 standard drinks for the whole event.
- Drinks will have to be signed in at registration and tagged by staff.
- Drinks will be stored by us (the convention staff) in a fridge that won’t be accessable to attendees.
- You can come and ask us to get one of your drinks if you’d like one.
- If you’re noticeably intoxicated, we won’t be able to give you any more drinks.
- Drinks will only be given out between the hours of 7PM and 11PM (we can’t give out drinks while day pass attendees are on-site)
In addition, we have some limits on what drinks are allowed. We are able to allow the following drinks:
- Standard single-serve bottles (or cans) of beer, cider, or RTDs.
- Small (airplane-sized, single serve) bottles (or cans) of wine.
All drinks must be in their original (retail) containers.
Don’t get drunk. If you’re intoxicated you will be put in a safe place until you sober up, and you will not be able to consume any more alcohol for the rest of the event.
If you have any more questions, please email us.
When are we opening registration?
Registration will be opening at 7PM on Wednesday the 17th of February!
(five sleeps to go)