Welcome to the official website for Southern Paws Fur Con. I know it is a bit late, but we’re up and running now. It’s going to be a bit of a sprint towards the finish line now.
Now that the website is open we have a few more details to announce.
First things first. I know all of you are waiting for the prices. We have those details ready to announce and we have a couple of options.
- We have the option of staying in a three or six person cabin. Both of these are going to be priced at $175 after the early bird promo. You will also get to request your roommates in these rooms.
- There are four of the six person rooms
- There are 16 of the three person rooms.
- The other option for the weekend is a 15 person bunk room for $145. This IS a shared room with no walls between the bunks.
All of the room options include meals for the weekend, including all meals on Saturday as well as breakfast on Sunday. They also include access to the con, and all activities that will be included for the weekend.
There will also be a Day Pass option, however details for these will be announced at a later date.
We are also going to be organising a van from the airport to the camp site as well, however there will be a final trip time that is being decided and announced soon. The van will be an additional $20 for both ways, to and from the airport.
We will be having a dealers den/artist alley on site. If you wish to have a table in the den then it will cost an additional $10 for the entire weekend.
The list of confirmed activities for the weekend is as follows:
- Confidence Course
- Water Slide
- Flying Fox
- Archery (Limited spots, sign up at check in)
- Air Rifles (Limited spots, sign up at check in)
- Artist Alley (Small Additional fee for a table)
- Access to a large field for use by all.
We will be making a call in the upcoming weeks for anyone that wishes to either run a panel or activity. We will be going over each of these individually and deciding which ones will be selected and run over the course of the weekend, and what time slots they will be in.
Thank you for reading. We just have a few minor things to get out of the way.
We welcome furries from all over New Zealand and beyond.
I want to thank all of you for your patience while we got this up and running.
And a GIANT thanks goes to Kap for helping us with everything to do with getting this website up and running. If everyone can give him a round of thanks that would be great.
If there are any issues please contact us using the contact form
Alan (you might know me better as VoicedOtter)
Co-Chairman of Southern Paws Furry Convention